We came across this simple and cute gingham accent manicure from The Beauty Department (TBD) and had to share it with you all!
Here is how TBD got the gingham accent nail:
Who would have thought to polish scotch tape and use it as nail polish strips. This is such an ingenious idea and can be used with many different shapes and designs.
The Gingham pattern is so pretty and if it was good enough for Dorothy, then it's good enough for us :)
We love this manicure, so we tried it out for ourselves. We also used two colors for the tape, instead of one.
Here's what you'll need:
Scotch tape, small sewing scissors (or cuticle nippers) and nail polish
Nail polishes we used (L to R):
Essie: Turquoise and Caicos
Sinful Colors Professional: Snow me White
Pure Ice: No means no
How to get the gingham accent nail:
1. Apply polish to the tape and wait for it to dry all the way. To make the process go faster, you can put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
Tip: Paint more tape with other colors and save them for future manicures.
|We used the top of our Bath & Body Works candle to hold the tape.|
2. While you are waiting for the tape to dry, paint your nails with the white nail polish.
3. When the tape is completely dry, cut them into thin strips.
4. Lay three horizontally across the nail and then lay three vertically to get the gingham pattern.
5. Seal the design with a top coat and enjoy your new manicure!
Happy Friday everyone!
XO Wil Harris