Do men wear sandals? Can men wear sandals? Should they wear sandals?
This topic has been debatable and questionable every time summer comes around. Some men consider it very feminine, others don't like showing their feet, and some think it just doesn't look right.
Whatever your personal preference is, like in fashion sometimes, there is always a "do" and "don't" way to pull off a look.
1. Keep the hiking sandals for hiking. This type of shoe may be comfortable but function should never trump style (why do you think women put up with heels?).
2. Leave the sandals and socks for two and three year olds . The purpose of a sandal is to keep your feet cool so why pair it with socks anyway.
3. The granola sandal is meant for summer camp and in the comfort of your own home. Try a more sophisticated sandal with a more mature look.
4. The athletic slip-ons are best left for college students and in the shower at the gym.
1. Do avoid bulky sandals. Summer is carefree and light, so your sandals should be too.
2. Splurge on quality. A good quality sandal can support your feet and last you for many summers to come.
3. Some men might be partial to this but do get a pedicure or at least take care of your feet. Treat yourself every once in a while, your feet will thank you for it.
4. Try a havaiana Brazil thong sandal. They inexpensive and come in many colors.
So the question is, is it unmanly for men to wear sandals or should we give them some fashion breathing room? Let us know your thoughts!
XO Wil Harris
XO Wil Harris